Forum upgrade

Igor

20 minutes ago, Igor said:

Agree. It's too broad term. Let's forget about this ... disabling.

Thank you both. I also dislike the display of 'member reputation' by default (or at all). IMO the less 'hierachies' the better (well, my background is unmoderated usenet and mailing lists and I almost hate forums, mostly due to moderators misbehaving and misusing their status -- fortunately that is not a problem here)

8 hours ago, tkaiser said:

the less 'hierarchies' the better

Hierarchies are source of problems an I like this idea too. If we agree, we can do something into this direction - remove all signs of it and declutter post view on the way.

At minimum we only need: name and picture, the rest can go.

10 minutes ago, zador.blood.stained said:

I think that number of posts should still be displayed

Agree. And I would like to still be able just to hit the 'Like' button to give some feedback to other posters without polluting threads with '+1' or similar stuff (I hate posting with less contents than my rather large signature). No need to count that to 'reputation' but just as an individual way to give positive feedback to others (and them being notified of course)

Added those topic prefixes (moderators usage only):

important × quick review × tutorial × read first × research × testers wanted × preview

Should work on all sub forums.

All CSS experts. I am bit rusted and will lost lot's of time (already did) on this simple issue. How to:

- make this visible only when mouse gets there (hover on)

likethis.png

- or permanent this way:

likethis-better.png

This should work (to change it permanently) :

.ipsComment_controls {

padding: 0;

background-color: transparent ;

border: 0;

box-shadow: none;

}

I don't think it would be better to make it appear / disappear with hover (would make harder to use on touch devices, ....)

1 hour ago, zador.blood.stained said:

Can "status updates" or whatever it is on profile pages be disabled? For some reason people think it's a good idea to use those for technical support.

Disabled. 

8 hours ago, martinayotte said:

I found out today that "code" dialog opened with a spinner that never ending.

I wasn't able to insert code, so, I've user spoiler instead.

Some problems with server. Working on.

Edit: Fixed

I've seen new issue recently, which is a bit annoying :

When a thread is moved, like this one recently "3926-torrents-app-not-woking" moved away from "13-allwinner-h2h3" folder, it prevent the browser cookies to be seen as "read" for the parent folder and stay highlighted as "unread" .

Today, same thing occurs with "3971-vpn-server-questions" moved away from "7-allwinner-a10a20", the folder stays as "unread".

5 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

When a thread is moved, like this one recently "3926-torrents-app-not-woking" moved away from "13-allwinner-h2h3" folder, it prevent the browser cookies to be seen as "read" for the parent folder and stay highlighted as "unread" .

Today, same thing occurs with "3971-vpn-server-questions" moved away from "7-allwinner-a10a20", the folder stays as "unread".

I don't think it's a "new" issue, but it may depend on whether "Leave a link to the new location" was selected. I just moved a thread with this unselected and I don't see a "Unread" sign.

What about adding some quick rules / tips below the forum description? It can be enabled and customised for each forum if necessary.

"Use search before starting new topic - add questions to existing topics - support on private messaging is ignored - humans are not error free, be polite"

likethis.png

• Igor unpinned this topic

Another major update has been applied to forums.

Some minor problems are expected - design is slightly corrupted and it will be fixed today. It's already done, only minor adjustments are needed. Until this (Theme Haze) is not sorted out, usage of default theme is recommended - button is at the bottom, left hand corner.

Edited by Tido
button location