Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (armhf ARMv7)


balbes150
 Share

8 8

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

In the log, I see that the kernel startup process has started. How long do you wait for the system to start (react)? What does network activity on the router show ? Are there any changes in the system (logs), as you wrote when starting from USB ? Have you tried the combined SD+USB option ?

I wait minutes ,sometimes even 10 minutes (not always off course ).

I was just going to flash a usb stick . I will give it a try

I haven't checked the system logs (I was just happy I finally had some decent results!:)) I'll check

Believe it or not , I don't have a router . I only have mobile internet and use my phone as hotspot.

I have never done anything with networks in my life , and started last week experimenting with directly connecting

2 devices (partly succesfull ) , mainly because off  this project , so don't expect any solid and sound comment

from me yet on this  subject.:wacko:

( yesterday arrived my mvr9 device , off which I'm more certain things will work ,so I can get some experience there )

Link to post
Share on other sites

Donate and support the project!

9 minutes ago, Virverus said:

I wait minutes ,sometimes even 10 minutes (not always off course ).

I was just going to flash a usb stick . I will give it a try

I haven't checked the system logs (I was just happy I finally had some decent results!:)) I'll check

Believe it or not , I don't have a router . I only have mobile internet and use my phone as hotspot.

I have never done anything with networks in my life , and started last week experimenting with directly connecting

2 devices (partly succesfull ) , mainly because off  this project , so don't expect any solid and sound comment

from me yet on this  subject.:wacko:

( yesterday arrived my mvr9 device , off which I'm more certain things will work ,so I can get some experience there )

With a WiFi connection, there are difficulties when you first start , the system can not automatically create a WiFi connection. If there is no HDMI (output to the monitor), a vicious circle occurs.for the initial configuration, you need to connect via SSH, but to create a network connection, you need to log in. In theory, you can try, after recording the image, before the first turn on, to set up a network connection via WiFi on the recorded SD card, but I have never done this and do not use WiFi, so I will not help with the steps that need to be done.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A test version

 

20200724-install-rk3288

 

of the image for rk3288 with support for installing the system in eMMC. To install, run the installation script (sudo /root/install-rk3288.sh). Please note that this is a test version and the test was performed only on the Ugoos UM3 model , everything works correctly on it, including the built-in WiFi. Make sure to make a full backup before starting the installation.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Virverus said:

@guidol Hi , I noticed your succes with Armbian booting on Radxa ,

so I'm wondering , what Radxa hardware exactly do you have and what image

of Debian in Nand (Rabian ??)

I have to Radxa Rock (non-Pro) 2Gb Ram with NAND (4GB?) - Rev 2013.10.25 (First MP Version) see:
https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/hardware_revision

and

https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/specification
 

My Rabian-(debian 8)-Image should be

http://dl.radxa.com/rock/images/rabian/rock_rabian_rock_1c1e5f8_150506_58f2882_nand.img.xz
 

Rock_front_Rev_20131025.jpg

Rock_back_Rev_20131025.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

@guidol thank you for your reply. You have one of the first versions.In the past I ran many images

meant for this board and they booted fine from sd , so it beats me why balbes150 images won't run

on my device but do run on yours! I'm certain the first test image from Balbes boots ,because their are

files written on sd , but thier is no hdmi output .Now I want to try to connect via a

direct cable connection between two machines ,either with an ethernet cable or a usb cable .

Link to post
Share on other sites

The new version of images 20200815 kernel 5.7.15.

 

Please note that the algorithm for initial configuration of the system for startup has changed. Instead of a file "uEnv.txt", the file "/extlinux/extlinux.conf " is now used. The rules for editing a file remain the same.

 

All "boot.scr" scripts have been canceled and are not used.

 

These images temporarily disable EMMC installation scripts until testing is complete. The system can only be started from external SD and USB media.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello!
First of all, thank you for your work! I'm happily using this image on Odroid C1+.
Two questions from my side:

1. Does this image is also intended for Odroid C1+?

2. Is there any chance to make this kernel compatible with docker?

 

Thanks!

Edited by nef
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, rna said:

I downloaded the latest image, but it seems the dtb is only for Rockchip. Is there any update to support Allwinner H3?

These images are currently intended only for RK. I can try adding an option for H3, but I don't have any such models to test, so their start is not defined.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2020 at 2:22 PM, balbes150 said:

These images are currently intended only for RK. I can try adding an option for H3, but I don't have any such models to test, so their start is not defined.

Thanks for your effort and great works for supporting the Armhf devices.

 

Actually I have a question: Is this image the same way like the aarch64? I mean if I used a DTB for H3 it will work out of the box.

 

Would you mind to give me some dtb that "might" work for H3?

I will try to use the Orange Pi + dtb that I downloaded from the official image. When I burn the official image and plug it to my MMC Card Slot, it gives me Black Screen. But, when I unplugged it, it boots directly to android.

 

I will try your image but using the official dtb. Hope it works

 

Many Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, rna said:

I will try to use the Orange Pi + dtb that I downloaded from the official image. When I burn the official image and plug it to my MMC Card Slot, it gives me Black Screen. But, when I unplugged it, it boots directly to android.

Nope, It does not works:

1. I copied all dtb from the official image and pasted it to @balbes150 dtb image folder

2. I edited the extlinux configuration, then select dtb (Beelink X2, Orange Pi Plus, etc)

3. I Inserted the MMC to the box

4. Power On the box, and it boots to android directly

5. If I pressed the reset button and powered on, it has black screen.

 

Tested on:

MXQ Pro 4K AllWinner H3, AIDA64 detects the hardware as: "Sun8iw7p1" AllWinner H3.

Edited by rna
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2020 at 3:23 PM, balbes150 said:

Without adding the correct u-boot, this won't work. But adding a u-boot does not guarantee that the kernel can run on H3 (it does not have options for this chip).

I see, so this is might be the end of my H3 then.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2020 at 6:27 PM, guidol said:

I have to Radxa Rock (non-Pro) 2Gb Ram with NAND (4GB?) - Rev 2013.10.25 (First MP Version) see:
https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/hardware_revision

and

https://wiki.radxa.com/Rock/specification
 

My Rabian-(debian 8)-Image should be

http://dl.radxa.com/rock/images/rabian/rock_rabian_rock_1c1e5f8_150506_58f2882_nand.img.xz
 

Rock_front_Rev_20131025.jpg

Rock_back_Rev_20131025.jpg


I have the same board, same behaviour as @guidoltold us, using linux1-rk3188-5.6.6-lubuntu.img

I built a Debian image using https://github.com/radxa/rabian-build.
I also compiled kernel 5.7.8 but no luck with boot, have to rebuild/test it again.

I'd like to use armbian framework as a base so I'm really interested about how to get 
linux-rk3188-5.6.6 configuration and build an image on top of armbian. 
I'm really new to armbian, really interested. I've some radxa rk3188 that I would like to reuse , with a brand new kernel

Thank you, this project looks awesome

Edited by Peppe
Link to post
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Peppe said:

I built a Debian image using https://github.com/radxa/rabian-build.
I also compiled kernel 5.7.8 but no luck with boot, have to rebuild/test it again.

I'd like to use armbian framework as a base so I'm really interested about how to get 
linux-rk3188-5.6.6 configuration and build an image on top of armbian. 
I'm really new to armbian, really interested. I've some radxa rk3188 that I would like to reuse , with a brand new kernel

Currently, there are no ready-made recipes in the ArmbianTV build system for easily getting a ready-made image for rk3188. Part of the work is done manually at the construction site.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand,  by the way that's my linux 5.8.7 configuration:
https://github.com/peppelinux/Radxa-Rock-RK3188/blob/master/linux-5.8.7.config

here the log stdout, consolle worked very well but still cannot type any char in the login prompt (I'm sure I'm making some mistake about this topic, cant understand what)
https://github.com/peppelinux/Radxa-Rock-RK3188/blob/master/batrebox_rk3188_serial.log

Here my build instructions:
https://github.com/peppelinux/Radxa-Rock-RK3188/blob/master/README.md

I also tried rockchip-linux (many branches) but still can't have a working prompt, neither a framebuffer (my rootfs is very minimal, it doesn't have any X server / lightdm starter).
I hope to get it working because I have some of these boards and I really would like to renew these with a brand new kernel.

Radxa only offers 3.0.6+ with quite old distributions, not so good.
Hope to meet somewhere who is interested to go further in this goal. If is there something that you can share, I'll appreciate

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @balbes150
I used BareBox for my experiments, I found it very fast because it simply needs two ext4 partitions on the sdcard, in the first I put zImage (with dtb appended in). The second partition the rootfs.
It works very good, I wouldn't have to wait to reflash the entire image on the sdcard, I can simply mount this latter and copy/overwrite zImage and rootfs.

I write here because I'd want make reproducible your experiment on rk3188, yes you told me "ver 20200922-dev kernel 5.9.0-rc6 for rk3288" but I would like to reproduce the kernel configuration for it, and also the patches involved.

Today I've enjoy armbian build system as well, it looks great, no doubts.
I saw that configs/boards/tinkerboard.conf would be a good base to made some experiment on my radxa rock rk3188.

I found parameters in it like BOOTCONFIG MODULES_LEGACY and DEFAULT_OVERLAYS and I would like to have some documentation about how to configure a brand new board with some customizations.
I've the RK3188 Loader file (v2.13) and something that I didn't understand yet how to put in armbian's build pipeline and configuration tree.

I just copied tinkerboard.conf to radxa-rock.conf, the loader and also the u-boot binaries.

Actually I modified 
    config/sources/families/rockchip.conf

and also added
    config/boards/radxa-rock.conf
    packages/blobs/rockchip/rk3188_ddr2_300MHz_V2.13.bin
 

if is there some tips I'd appreciate

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

8 8