TonyMac32

Linux kernel 5.7

With our Current moving to 5.7, anyone building it themselves should report anything missing/new/different/wanted here.

I have built an image (2020-06-27) for Le Potato,  observations:

- New boot splash (very nice @Igor)

- No audio devices  :angry:

Thanks @ning, I just wanted to pin a thread so we could get the conversation going, I'll take a look at Khadas and the upstream, hopefully avoiding the patchtastrophy that resulted from multiple patch sources last time.

On 6/28/2020 at 5:33 AM, ning said:

you can copy patches from:

If you give links, use the original sources, and not dubious places where the full set and part of the damaged patches are not complete.

I tried reverting a patch in 5.7 that chewitt blamed for some problems but it didn't restore sound.  @balbes150 our current Amlogic patch situation is, well, interesting.  I need to go through one by one and figure out what each one is for.  I neglected my duties for too long.

1 hour ago, TonyMac32 said:

chewitt blamed for some problems but it didn't restore sound

use alsamix, F6 select audio card, enable some switch. then you can have sound out.

1 hour ago, TonyMac32 said:

some problems but it didn't restore sound.

What does (aplay -l) show ? What name is assigned to the registered sound card in DTB ?

11 hours ago, ning said:

use alsamix, F6 select audio card, enable some switch. then you can have sound out.

12 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

I tried reverting a patch in 5.7 that chewitt blamed for some problems but it didn't restore sound.

The @ning solution worked for me (kernel 5.6.15). The exact fields to change are: AIU_HDMI to I2S and AIU_SPDI to SPDIF. I don't know the exact meaning of that settings, but worked for me.

on 5.6 yes, I patched 5.6  ;-)  However my quick test on 5.7 this was not the case.  I will check again of course

[Edit] Found the issue, all of the board dts patches got wiped with the bump to 5.7 somehow.  putting them back.  :)

[edit2] Can anyone run iozone on their meson64 boards and tell me the outcome?  I'm working on sound, but my SD performance seems really bad.