RK3288 Media Script (TinkerBoard)

JMCC

The line in the post above is meant to use GBM display. For using regular gpu display, you can just try it like

mpv --hwdec=auto <filename>

If it is using v4l2-m2m, it will appear in mpv messages

Hi

Where i can get last kodi release binary/deb for RK3288? My attemmpts to build it was not successful (kernel crashes with errors).  Or how to build it properly? I assume need changes in the source code.
Libreelecs binary kodi.bin is not suitable because it is built on the new glibc

On 2/28/2019 at 6:40 PM, sungale said:

Hi

Where i can get last kodi release binary/deb for RK3288? My attemmpts to build it was not successful (kernel crashes with errors).  Or how to build it properly? I assume need changes in the source code.
Libreelecs binary kodi.bin is not suitable because it is built on the new glibc

Hi, this depends on your installation procedure.

In case of "apt-get install kodi" (installs v17.x krypton) you can try this site. I cleaned up my old installation first by "apt-get purge *kodi*". After install "apt-get install kodi" I get the v18.1 leia (on my lubuntu x86_64 notebook).

In case of using the media-script this is also interesting to me because start without running X on armbian device: @JMCC please can you give us some explanation how to build kodi like you.

6 hours ago, gen2thomas said:

@JMCC please can you give us some explanation how to build kodi like you.

There is some info about the sources in the script package. Look under "packages/kodi/sources.txt". I don't have the time to write a full step-by-step now, but start from there and you can ask your doubts.

On 3/2/2019 at 7:08 PM, gen2thomas said:

... please can you give us some explanation how to build kodi like you.

I built Kodi on armbian and on tinkeros too. At first I install rockchip libmali from github. Then rockchip libdrm. Then i built ffmpeg 4.1 with rkmpp and libdrm supported. Then i make some modifications neon_flags in kodi-src. Then i build kodi according to instructions. I make the configuration line taking into account the sources.txt file from media-script: cmake bla-bla -DCORE_PLATFORM_NAME=gbm Then I am waiting for a long time for compilation errors. Then I have to fix it related to the lack of definitions in libEGL and libdrm. When everything is built and installed, i run kodi with kodi-gbm-wrapper and voila: kernel syslogs on main screen and no control till power off
Also i tried to build kodi for x11 platform and then to use gl4es and all I got was either a blank window or vertex compile error. Tried many different LIBGL_... settings 

On my i586 notebook with ATI Xpress 200M kodi built success, and even it usable for watch natgeo while soaking self it in the bathroom )

I finally got opengl fully working with games. I am using the latest bionic armbian 5.75 on the non S tinker board. I followed the instructions from the link below.

After downloading the 80mb 7z file and running the .sh script. everything installed fine but 3d gaming was not working. I tested with extream tux racer. It dawned on me there may be some libraries missing. After a bit of research I installed 3 more items.

sudo apt-get install libglfw3-dev libgles2-mesa-dev and boom full 3D gaming is working. As soon as I loaded tux racer I noticed the snowflakes were moving very fluid. BINGO... enjoy!

the command script below for other features as well, I get an issue with  missing dependencys. as long as I I dont include libegl1-mesa-dev I have no issues i'm not sure what the issue is.

sudo apt install libjpeg-dev libpng-dev pkg-config libudev-dev libdrm-dev libegl1-mesa-dev libgles2-mesa-dev libgbm-dev

Just ran the script on Kernel 5.1 (it is understood there's no video decoder).  With Mali and experimental x server I can stream youtube videos at 720p perfectly.  I always forget how fast this thing is after getting used to the ever-disappointing A53...

4 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

(it is understood there's no video decoder).

Well, in the other thread it seemed like it was making good progress. Has anyone tried the patch on 5.1?

I need to understand what V4L2 changes are made between the branch used in the "Rockchip-linux" talk (it seems to be mmind one, but I'm not entirely sure). Then, I could try Ayaka and Kwiboo patches again.

Hello.

I run media-rk3288.sh on my tinkerboard but y have 2 error :

Remplacement de fichiers dans l'ancien paquet libgles2-mesa-dev:armhf (18.2.8-0ubuntu0~18.04.2) ...
dpkg: erreur de traitement de l'archive packages/libs/dev/libmali-rk-dev_1.6-1-0armbian1_armhf.deb (--unpack) :
 tentative de remplacement de « /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/pkgconfig/wayland-egl.pc », qui appartient aussi au paquet libwayland-dev:armhf 1.16.0-1ubuntu1.1~18.04.1
dpkg-deb: erreur: coller subprocess was killed by signal (Relais brisé (pipe))
Préparation du dépaquetage de .../librockchip-mpp-dev_20171218-2_armhf.deb ...
Dépaquetage de librockchip-mpp-dev (20171218-2) sur (20171218-2) ...
Des erreurs ont été rencontrées pendant l'exécution :
 packages/libs/dev/libmali-rk-dev_1.6-1-0armbian1_armhf.deb

log.log

Hello,

I take note of the bug, and will have it present for future version of our packages. In the meantime, you can either uninstall libwayland-dev or libmali-rk-dev, which seem to be the conflicting packages.

Hello;

I have tinker board s . I am using gstreamer , mpph264enc and mppvideodec. I see this error. How can I solve this problem ?.

mpi: mpp version: 598cae3 author: Jacob Chen DEBIAN: update rules for release_20171218-2
hal_h264e_api: vcodec type 00000000 can not find H.264 encoder device
mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init hal h264e_rkvenc init failed ret -1
mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init could not found coding type 7
mpp_enc: mpp_enc_init could not init hal
mpp_rt: NOT found ion allocator
mpp_rt: found drm allocator
mpp: error found on mpp initialization

---------------

hal_h264d_api: Assertion p_hal->vcodec_type & ((0x00000200) | (0x00000001) | (0x00000002)) failed at hal_h264d_init:186
mpp_device: mpp_device_init failed to find device for coding 0 type 7
hal_h264d_api: p_hal->vpu_socket <= 0
mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init hal h264d_rkdec init failed ret -2
mpp_dec: mpp_dec_init could not init hal

1 hour ago, adogado said:

Hello;

I have tinker board s . I am using gstreamer , mpph264enc and mppvideodec. I see this error. How can I solve this problem ?.

mpi: mpp version: 598cae3 author: Jacob Chen DEBIAN: update rules for release_20171218-2

---------------

hal_h264d_api: Assertion p_hal->vcodec_type & ((0x00000200) | (0x00000001) | (0x00000002)) failed at hal_h264d_init:186
mpp_device: mpp_device_init failed to find device for coding 0 type 7
hal_h264d_api: p_hal->vpu_socket <= 0
mpp_hal: mpp_hal_init hal h264d_rkdec init failed ret -2
mpp_dec: mpp_dec_init could not init hal

When do you get that error?

What are you trying to do?

What is the command line you are using?

Can you play videos with the "Rockchip Gstreamer Player" GUI?

Running armbian bionic desktop.

My test Commands:

working without problem  (no gpu acceleration) 

$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink host=239.0.0.1  multicast-iface=eth0  port=1234 ttl=127 ttl-mc=127

not working (with gpu acceleration)  :

$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! mpph264enc ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink host=239.0.0.1  multicast-iface=eth0  port=1234 ttl=127 ttl-mc=127

-----

Rockchip gst player is not working (Not showing any videofile).

3 hours ago, adogado said:

Running armbian bionic desktop.

My test Commands:

working without problem  (no gpu acceleration) 

$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! x264enc ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink host=239.0.0.1  multicast-iface=eth0  port=1234 ttl=127 ttl-mc=127

not working (with gpu acceleration)  :

$ gst-launch-1.0 videotestsrc ! videoconvert ! mpph264enc ! mpegtsmux ! udpsink host=239.0.0.1  multicast-iface=eth0  port=1234 ttl=127 ttl-mc=127

-----

Rockchip gst player is not working (Not showing any videofile).

Are you using Default or Mainline kernel?

Hello everybody sorry for m'y english, i m French and thanks Too read me 👍

I have installed Armbian bionic 4.4 on tinkerboard with media script for hardware accélération to run Kodi 

I have two problems in Kodi Leia :

first : i don t have 5.1 sound (pathtrough)but just stéréo 

i have tested libreelec (official) and sound is very good with pathtrough actived in libreelec i see alsa in audio prametre, i don t have Alsa in Kodi with Armbian 

Second : 1080p vidéo run very well on Kodi on Armbian but with 4k vidéo i have a black screen or vidéo run very slow 

On libreelec 4k vidéo run very well 

Somebody Can help me ? What Can i do ? I don t want just libreelec cause i use tinkerboard like a mini PC

Best regards and thanks for your answers 👍

On 4/28/2019 at 5:43 PM, Ge666 said:

Hello everybody sorry for m'y english, i m French and thanks Too read me 👍

I have installed Armbian bionic 4.4 on tinkerboard with media script for hardware accélération to run Kodi 

I have two problems in Kodi Leia :

first : i don t have 5.1 sound (pathtrough)but just stéréo 

i have tested libreelec (official) and sound is very good with pathtrough actived in libreelec i see alsa in audio prametre, i don t have Alsa in Kodi with Armbian 

Second : 1080p vidéo run very well on Kodi on Armbian but with 4k vidéo i have a black screen or vidéo run very slow 

On libreelec 4k vidéo run very well 

Somebody Can help me ? What Can i do ? I don t want just libreelec cause i use tinkerboard like a mini PC

Best regards and thanks for your answers 👍

Please read this topic, eventually this could help you:

no no.... not easy anything but easy ;) I agree it should be released with the drivers and codecs installed. no point to have to ADD it when, and I'm going to go out on a lim here MOST PEOPLE will need some if not all of those packages.

Hello. 

At first i installed the Bionic img and

made upgrade and dist upgrade

then I run the media script and installed all at once.

at the second try 

I installed the bionic img

and made no updates

the I run the script only with  the  

- System - Devel and - MPV aktive

reboot

and then the script with all other options

after booth install ways I get:

Kodi is working fine

Youtube with chromium streaming is very well

when I want to enter chromium settings I get a message: 

AW snap,  something went wrong

and amazon prime video gets the error 7235, I should look for an widevinecdm update.

what could I too get amazon prime working?

greetings

10 minutes ago, pumuckl said:

thx  this worked

and then I run apt update and upgrade 

now amazon complains that I have to use chrome to watch the streams.

So is it the best to avoid  updates? 

greetings

I'm glad it worked.

About the updates, use whichever version works best for you. This is all experimental stuff, the big companies like Google or Amazon will not bother to test and support their products in these platforms, with such a small user base. So, if you find a version of Chromium that works for you, while some other doesn't, then you can stick to that one. Or you can also try and reinstall the media packages after the upgrade, and see if that works.

apt update and upgrade causes not the problem

when I make a shortcut, with chromium, for amazon prime video,  I is listed as chromium app in the task bar and then Amazon complains to use chrome.

Prime video works when I start it directly with chromium streming.

How could I create a launcher to a specific website with chromium streaming.

Are chromium streaming and chromium different or does it no matter what I start?

And when I create with Chromium Stream a desktop shortcut for youtube, will it it start with chromium stream?

When I start kodi I have to input the sudo password , how could I avoid this?

greetings

Hi,

thanks for wonderful collection of prepared packages. Works great.

I just found some improvements. I wanted to let know, so:

Kodi 18.4 with Acceleration

I found newer kodi version - 18.4 with acceleration enabled.

You can download it here:

https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-bin_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_armhf.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_all.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-eventclients-common_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_all.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-eventclients-dev_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_all.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-eventclients-kodi-send_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_all.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-eventclients-ps3_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_all.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-eventclients-wiiremote_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_armhf.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-tools-texturepacker_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_armhf.deb
https://www.areascout.at/kodi/kodi-addon-dev_18.4~git20190902.1505-3ade758ceb-dirty-1~bionic_all.deb

Only thing is you must manually install ffmpeg package (it's not in dependecies...)

Source: https://forum.odroid.com/viewtopic.php?t=34149

Widevine and Flash with Chromium 76 from armbian repository

I also found nice way how to get widevine library for latest Chromium browser. It can be extracted from ChromeOS images.

I found how to do it here: https://gist.github.com/ruario/19a28d98d29d34ec9b184c42e5f8bf29

(Actually I am not sure if script works, I just read from script how to do that and did that manually)

This way you can have latest Chromium with widevine working. Do you do not have to use some very old release which can be problematic.

You can use this prepared archive which I made for myself:

https://mega.nz/#!D0dCGAoJ!k8MEiY0jdu0uyqQI4u4wrS5dEcbJ5G1cTJRY6PeIq5I

Just a tip

I also noticed that many people are getting into trouble with apt update/upgrade, when their packages get overwritten.

But there is nice feature in apt how to solve this. apt-mark hold/unhold is your friend here.

You can freeze updates of kodi, chromium and xorg for example with:

apt-mark hold kodi kodi-bin chromium-browser xserver-common-rockchip xserver-xorg-core-rockchip

But use with caution! This will disable updates for mentioned packages until you will update them manually or do not mark them as upgradable (unhold).

Can anyone tell me if this fixes will make armbian run YouTube or anything at full HD? the latest armbian, I cant play full hd content using chromium and YouTube.

I love armbian, Just the gpu performance that concerns me .. I love how the builder works, easy enough to me get around, I would like to help community grows but, I am new at building kernel, OS...

If I can have performance near that the stock linaro from asus that would be perfrect.

Thanks!