Issues to install PHP for NextCloud, Armbian-Config and SSH timed out

GeckoX

Hello, 

So I am trying to setup my Helios 4. I am running into some issues with the installation, trying to group them here, so it will be easier. 

1. I am trying to setup NextCloud following your tutorial on kobol wiki but I cannot install PHP 7.3 

Here is the screenshot of the output after running the command: 

1926272516_ScreenShot2020-12-18at6_28_40PM.thumb.png.dc6559c3829763281c66d75eb5c53e73.png

2. Also, when I enter Armbian-Config, it seems unstable and crash. The menu doesn't display. 

3. Other issue, I cannot access my NAS through SSH. It returns "operation timed out"

How to solve these issues? 

Thank you for your help.

Do you have OMV installed? Last time (long time ago) I tried to install both, it left my system broken due to dependencies conflict.

24 minutes ago, GeckoX said:

2. Also, when I enter Armbian-Config, it seems unstable and crash. The menu doesn't display. 

Is this after you installed Nextcloud?

25 minutes ago, GeckoX said:

3. Other issue, I cannot access my NAS through SSH. It returns "operation timed out"

Are you able to access Helios4 through serial console? Does the network interface connected and got IP?

1. No, I don't have OMV installed. Actually, I don't even see it in Armbian-Config as a 3rd party software. 

2. I did not even get through the NextCloud installation. I am stuck at the installation of PHP. I tried to continue in the meantime but the terminal becomes unstable. 

I saw a post about an issue with the latest OS update for Helios64. While following the tutorials, I ran "sudo apt-get update" as instructed. I wonder if I upgraded to an unstable version in the process... 

3. Yes, at the moment I use the USB serial to carry on my configuration. I also got an IP and setup a static IP. But when I try to connect, I get operation timeout. 

14 minutes ago, Mangix said:

It's probably easier to set up docker.

FWIW, this thought crossed my mind, too.

Resolving otherwise intractable dependency situation is one of the main use-cases for containers (not saying that is necessarily the case here, but it could be).  However if you are new to it all, it's probably not a bad idea to do it at first "the old fashioned way" as you will definitely learn some things in the process.

At any rate, I applaud your efforts towards self-hosting.  :thumbup:  On that note, I had started a thread specifically about homelab, containers and self hosting you may be interested in, as well.  Let us know how you are getting on, either here or there as appropriate.

Cheers!

Edited by TRS-80

I decided to go through the tutorial from Digital Ocean and it works! Thanks guys. :)

I got a domain name from dynu.com as well which I pointed towards my Helios Ip address as a A record. 

Now, I struggle to get a SSL certificate with Let's Encrypt. It says "no valid IP addresses found"

I am following the commands from Digital Ocean Tutorial.

I do manage to access my NextCloud account on Safari despite the warning. Chrome on the other hand does not allow it. 

any idea on how to sort it out? 

I decided not to go with Docker but maybe I should have done that instead and use certbot. 

Should I redo my setup with Docker then? 

Edit: I realized that since Helios4 only supports 32bit. I will not be able to install docker anyway... 

Since it was working, I decided to plug my Helios4 somewhere else. After switching it on,  it started again but I could not reach my NextCloud anymore. When I checked, the power supply was off. By moving the cable, I saw the green light on for less than a second. I tried to switch it somewhere else and no power. 

I am not sure but it seems like my power supply is out of service. Any possibility to get a new one? How to be sure that it is the cause? 

Thank you for your help.