Armbian for Amlogic S9xxx kernel 5.x

balbes150

13 hours ago, balbes150 said:

Now checked the latest version on Ubuntu 5.67 x96 mini to dtb (meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb). The system starts, the monitor works without problems. The start of the graphical shell takes about 1-2 minutes, no WiFi and BT. The remote control from Khadas VIM works in MPV (adjusts the sound, can rewind the video, etc.). The standard remote control from x96 mini does not work.

Shutdown works correctly. After switching off, just press the button on the remote control and the system starts again.

I tried bionic desktop 5.67 181117 with meson-gxl-s905x-khadas-vim.dtb on x96mini from micro sd card. It worked pretty well but not that good like with the dtb for p281(there usb seems much more responsive and the blue front led lights up when system is started) but I also had there the inverted colors until de- and reconnecting HDMI and the device restarted automatically like always on armbian instead powering off.  No real difference for me if khadas or p281 dtb. The only build from your archives where power off works on x96mini is this libreelec: Running on LibreELEC (balbes150): devel-20181114083516-cbfbde4 9.0, kernel: Linux ARM 64-bit version 3.14.29. There it was no problem to activate original remote with attached config file and setting in rc_maps.cfg ..tomorrow I will try the newest armbian build on one of the tx3minis with khadas/p281/tx3mini dtb files too and report.

@sekarpdkt Did you try to set mac/network settings in armbian_first_run.txt on Boot before first run?!

ir-x96.conf

On 11/17/2018 at 2:48 AM, balbes150 said:

Version 5.67 20181117.

Added support for ISCSI and deb packages kernel, header etc.

The version of the image with Xenial - will be assembled only on request.

p.s. When checking, it turned out that WiFi works on Khadas VIM2 Basic (with AP6356S chip). Khadas VIM1 (s905x) works WiFi and BT. :)

Thank you very very much. iSCSI is work fine for me.

Only to say that I successfully applied version 5.67 20181117 on Bang Good ABOX A3 android TV box (s912 + LTM8830) strictly following instructions in this thread. I also flashed internal EMMC by armbian-config. Thank you very much for all your support, and my respect to balbes150.  

The boot is working well with any of meson-gxm-q200.dtb, meson-gxm-q201.dtb and meson-gxm-khadas-vim2.dtb. When I connected external USB drive, it recognized it immediately and mounted on /media folder. I added to fstab automatic mount of this drive and made bind of two folders on this disk to /tmp and /home. This increased significantly the downloading speed.

I only have problem with WiFi and Bluetooth - I cannot find how to find/install/configure appropriated drivers for LTM8830. Having WiFi is not very important, but I need BT to connect audio to the amplifier.

I appreciate any help regarding this topic.    

Edited by alex.bg
typo, clarification

@balbes150 Armbian on tx3 mini works like on x96mini(where I keep armbian on internal). I didn't see any differences in using khadas/p281/p281tx3 dtb files. On tx3 i got also the inverted colors on boot until I unplug and reconnect HDMI . For analog sound I need usb soundcard as expected, wifi runs perfect with cheap usb wifi r8188eu stick, but I prefer ethernet. On tx3 mini the box always reboots too-Power off works here also just mechanically via switch on ac outlet. I didn't have a look on getting remote or front display work, but armbian works beside of these little quirks pretty good.

On 11/19/2018 at 5:13 AM, Turgus said:

@sekarpdkt Did you try to set mac/network settings in armbian_first_run.txt on Boot before first run?!

As /etc/network/interfaces resolved my issue, I am continuing. In addition, i have already burnt it to my flash. However, will do it when i upgrade to next version.

On 11/18/2018 at 10:54 AM, r4w said:

I have a strange issue and I digged it a bit on google but I can't see what's exactly wrong. In dmesg I see:

[ 1005.422372] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: failed to write to address 0x828: -84
[ 1005.422392] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: unable to disable sdio interrupts: -84
[ 1147.797298] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: WARNING: ath10k SDIO support is incomplete, don't expect anything to work!
[ 1147.823159] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: Failed to find firmware-N.bin (N between 2 and 6) from ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0: -2
[ 1147.823166] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: could not fetch firmware files (-2)
[ 1147.823192] ath10k_sdio mmc2:0001:1: could not probe fw (-2)

I have checked the relative firmware folder and I have the firmwares:

root@aml:/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0# pwd
/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0
root@aml:/lib/firmware/ath10k/QCA9377/hw1.0# ls
board-2.bin  board.bin  firmware-5.bin  firmware-6.bin  notice_ath10k_firmware-5.txt  notice_ath10k_firmware-6.txt

Is it possible that it's looking for the firmwares in another folder instead of the standard one? (CONFIG_EXTRA_FIRMWARE_DIR != /lib/firmware) 

Thanks!

Everything works with a 3.14.x kernel and module wlan, but I can't get it working with the latest kernel :(

22 hours ago, r4w said:

Everything works with a 3.14.x kernel and module wlan, but I can't get it working with the latest kernel :(

I tested recently and had the same issues with an s912 tv box (gt1 ultimate) previously running a 3.14 img. I was able to boot with most dtbs cthat are compatible with the soc, but I never hab been able to use usb nor network devices.

14 hours ago, jeanrhum said:

I tested recently and had the same issues with an s912 tv box (gt1 ultimate) previously running a 3.14 img. I was able to boot with most dtbs cthat are compatible with the soc, but I never hab been able to use usb nor network devices.

Do you mean that even the integrated network card (not wireless) wasn't working for you?

@balbes150 I found out, that my monitors second HDMI where the inverted colors appear is actually a DVI input with an (detachable) HDMI adapter. On the "real" HDMI armbian starts with normal colors. So I just switched libreelec and armbian boxes' cables and now both display signal perfect without inverted colors (after boot up).  So I can confirm that (real) HDMI works flawless on tx3 mini & x96 mini with armbian 5.67 build.

btw. I ran into the problem that armbian from emmc didn't start up after accidentally hitting "boot from android" on a libreelec from sd card. I solved it with an armbian re-install on emmc from last installs sd card,. It was okay as I didn't make too much changes since then, but I wonder if there is a easier way to stop the box searching a bootable android after provoking "boot from android" (by mistake)?!

5 hours ago, Turgus said:

btw. I ran into the problem that armbian from emmc didn't start up after accidentally hitting "boot from android" on a libreelec from sd card. I solved it with an armbian re-install on emmc from last installs sd card,. It was okay as I didn't make too much changes since then, but I wonder if there is a easier way to stop the box searching a bootable android after provoking "boot from android" (by mistake)?! 

Once again, turn on the TV box with external media with LE and select the normal shutdown from the LE menu. LE itself set the correct value.

9 hours ago, r4w said:

Do you mean that even the integrated network card (not wireless) wasn't working for you?

Yes, my box was connected to a hdmi monitor, so I can view the console login prompt, but no usb to use a keyboard and no ethernet nor wireless to connect via ssh.

2 hours ago, blackpig936 said:

anyone can help me to run wireguard on h96 pro plus ?

Although the latest kernel I've  tried is 4.18.0-aml-s9xxx, you need CONFIG_NET_UDP_TUNNEL=m
according to https://www.wireguard.com/install in the kernel source .config which isn't currently present as per armbian /boot/config.
Don't know if it will help but a small hint regarding kernel build is at post https://forum.armbian.com/topic/2419-armbian-for-amlogic-s905-and-s905x-ver-544/?page=65&tab=comments#comment-61928
As additional help, you will need CONFIG_NET_FOU=m to get the above included in the .config.

34 minutes ago, dbsharpe said:

Although the latest kernel I've  tried is 4.18.0-aml-s9xxx, you need CONFIG_NET_UDP_TUNNEL=m
according to https://www.wireguard.com/install in the kernel source .config which isn't currently present as per armbian /boot/config.

The specified options are available in the current kernel for s9xxx.

https://github.com/150balbes/Build-Armbian/blob/master/config/kernel/linux-aml-s9xxx-default.config#L770

8 hours ago, jeanrhum said:

Yes, my box was connected to a hdmi monitor, so I can view the console login prompt, but no usb to use a keyboard and no ethernet nor wireless to connect via ssh.

Thanks, you have saved from to a very wrong purchase. Now I need to find a S912 were at least the gigabit network works ok! :)

Hello,
first of all, thanks for all your work!
Ive got a massive Ethernet problem.
I installed Armbian_5.67_Aml-s9xxx_Ubuntu_bionic_default_4.19.2_desktop_20181130.img on a T95Z Plus with 3/32GB by using meson-gxm-q201.dtb.

I still have no Ethernet. Wifi is working well, but Ethernet, eth0 trys to connect to 169.254.6.1 all the time. Every start up it makes a new connection with name eth0, with the same static IP 169.254.6.1.
I tryed the settings in armbian_first_run.txt, i tryed the network manager, nothings works.

Could you please help mi with this issue...

Regards Sören

2 hours ago, Swat79 said:

Wifi is working well, but Ethernet, eth0 trys to connect to 169.254.6.1 all the time.

I have the same problem (Ethernet stopped functioning correctly) on my mecool s912 1gb ram. I just plugged a WiFi dongle in.

I am assuming it will be fixed in next update.

q201 = 100 MB network, I have no samples with such equipment, I do not know what is the reason. Try the kernel version 4.20 (Next), if the wired network works there, can find the reason for the kernel 4.19.2

Thanks for reply,

i will try the "NEXT" Version this afternoon.

I also found a .dts file for the T95Z Plus on the Libreelec Project, but i cant compare it to .dtb.
Do you know, its possible to compare this file on Armbian, and also its compatible to the Armbian System?

As i tried to compare, i get a Fault Message with something like "Magic" .....

Regrards Swat79

14 hours ago, Swat79 said:

Unfortunately, also the new Kernel 4.20 doesn't work for me....

Do you have an other idea to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance! 

The solution is to avoid that box or force it to run at 100Mbit instead of 1Gbit
They have tried a lot of things in LibreElec, something seemed to work but not for all: https://forum.libreelec.tv/thread/13071-zte-zx2aa500-gb-ethernet-transceiver-problems-solved-big-news-for-inside/?pageNo=1 

On 9/9/2018 at 12:15 PM, balbes150 said:

4.18, the kernel uses a different DTB format, you need to create a new (or convert older) dts file. If you do not know how to do it, you need to contact the manufacturer (seller) of the equipment.

I'd like to try armbian on a mecool KI pro, any hint on how to convert the dtb from libreelec (kernel 3.14.29)?