Single Armbian image for RK + AML + AW (aarch64 ARMv8)

balbes150

IE:s welcome for the image Ambian_19.11.3_Rk3399-tv_bionic_current_5.4.1_20191210.img.xz
"This unsafe download was blocked by Windows Defender SmartScreen" :huh:

P.S. Just downloaded and now going to test these 2:

Armbian_19.11.3_Rk3399-tv_bionic_current_5.4.1_desktop_20191210.img Armbian_19.11.3_Rk3399-tv_buster_current_5.4.1_20191210.img ones :thumbup:

Edit. For the some reason TX9s doesn't boot with the bionic_current_5.4.1_desktop_20191210. The another one looks better!

13 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

New image 20191211 DEV kernel 5.5.0-rc1

Do you add the panfrost module? It should have improved in 5.4, I wonder what it's like in 5.5. 
I'll check out your buildscript and see if I can build a panfrost image. First I'll check out this image on the X96Air. A nice box, good performance and doesn't overheat quickly even in the box. I don't understand how they sell it this cheap. 4GB/64GB for 30euro delivered at home. An eMMC of 64GB quickly costs that much. Crazy. 

6 hours ago, NicoD said:

Do you add the panfrost module? It should have improved in 5.4, I wonder what it's like in 5.5. 
I'll check out your buildscript and see if I can build a panfrost image. First I'll check out this image on the X96Air. A nice box, good performance and doesn't overheat quickly even in the box. I don't understand how they sell it this cheap. 4GB/64GB for 30euro delivered at home. An eMMC of 64GB quickly costs that much. Crazy. 

curious, do you plan to use panfrost for X11 driver or just for framebuffer ?

8 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

LIMA and Panfrost are included as modules in all kernel 5 images.

If you're going to experiment, you need a mesa-20 , there's a lot of add-ons out there

Awesome. I'll make a script for everything else that's needed. Thanks.

11 hours ago, balbes150 said:

you need a mesa-20

Here the script for it. Should work on a clean Bionic build with panfrost module.
I've included meson since there were issues with newer versions, but we needed a newer one than default in the repo. 

I haven't tried it myself. I just build everything and wrote the script in between. So please let me know if anyone finds a problem somewhere.
Unpack on clean Bionic 5.x 

cd Panfrost
sudo ./installPanfrost.sh

Edit : Script has been tested. There was a mistake that I repaired and reuploaded the file. This should work now.

Panfrost.tar.gz

@balbes150 Is it possible to add the 2Ghz patch from Ayufan in your images to OC the RK3399's. 
It can only clock to 1.8Ghz now. For gaming the 2Ghz would be a nice addition. 
Panfrost works a lot better than last time I tried it. Most games work great.
Some have small imperfections like in AssaultCube the bots are see through. But even Nexuiz runs well on RK3399.  I love it.
Thanks for adding panfrost, it made it so much easier testing new things. 

10 hours ago, NicoD said:

cd Panfrost
sudo ./installPanfrost.sh

Edit : Script has been tested. There was a mistake that I repaired and reuploaded the file. This should work now.

Panfrost.tar.gz 275.2 kB · 6 downloads

Magicsee N6 Max rk3399-rock-pi-4.dtb

installPanfrost.sh success!

=======================================================
    glmark2 2014.03+git20150611.fa71af2d
=======================================================
    OpenGL Information
    GL_VENDOR:     panfrost
    GL_RENDERER:   panfrost
    GL_VERSION:    2.1 Mesa 20.0.0-devel (git-07d8b98b54)

glmark2 Score: 172 :)

12 hours ago, NicoD said:

Panfrost works a lot better than last time I tried it. Most games work great.
Some have small imperfections like in AssaultCube the bots are see through. But even Nexuiz runs well on RK3399.  I love it.

It remains to add the ffmpeg build script with HW,  and build  MPV and KODI with full-screen video (source code with patches can be taken in LE).   :)

8 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What patch are we talking about ?

The very old patch we used to clock the RK3399 to 2Ghz/1.5Ghz instead of 1.8Ghz/1.4Ghz(It was TK who implemented it). It used to be default clocked to 2Ghz in Armbian default. Then it disappeared from the default images. But was still available in mainline images via armbian-config -> system -> cpu. 
Now it is also gone from the mainline images. I don't know why and how this has gone. It worked well, it was stable when you kept it cool. (I just red that Ayufan wanted to focus on stability??? Isn't it stable when default clocked to 1.8/1.4 but still give the choice to OC?)
I was ok with it not to clock it default to 2Ghz anymore, good choice. Too many people not using a heatsink and don't have a clue about the temperature of the SoC. But I still would like the chance to clock it higher for gaming. Certainly Dosbox has a big advantage, and PSX games. 

4 hours ago, balbes150 said:

It remains to add the ffmpeg build script with HW,  and build  MPV and KODI with full-screen video (source code with patches can be taken in LE).   :)

When that happens mainline will be perfect. Good I've got multiple RK3399 boards. One with default and JMCC's script for video and internet, and one with 5.4 with panfrost for gaming. 

I'll make a video about it the coming days. 

On 11/15/2019 at 3:21 PM, balbes150 said:

Important. These images do not yet have new scripts to install the system in eMMC for AML and rk3328. Therefore, do not use these images to install in eMMC on AML models and on RK3328.

Shame on me. I tried to upgrade my km8p from scratch from this image and i didn't understand why it bricked 2x my tvbox before seeing that line.. :) Please don't hesitate to precise when it will be ready. Thanks ! :)

11 minutes ago, Peyton said:

Shame on me. I tried to upgrade my km8p from scratch from this image and i didn't understand why it bricked 2x my tvbox before seeing that line.. :) Please don't hesitate to precise when it will be ready. Thanks ! :)

I think with these images you can install to eMMC.

@balbles150 and NicoD,
Great job guys. Latest version tested with mesa on a S912.

Panfrost is incredibly promising.
I've tried with plasma-desktop ant its effects. It's going to be highly usable for a pocket GNU/Linux desktop computer (on a TV Box). But for the time being it crashes a lot with plasma on my personal configuration. Edit: by disabling many effects of the compositor, it is possible to launch many applications including LibreOffice. There are some issues with the mask of the X cursor arrow, the shadows around the windows... But it's very exciting anyway.

6 hours ago, starman345 said:

image 20191217 kernel 5.5 works on my NanoPC-T4 except no wifi

Ampak  AP6356S wifi chip

This chip has long had support in the main core. You need to sort out the settings. Either install the full firmware package or use the correct DTB for your WiF-enabled model. Perhaps the current DTB does not yet have this support. Alas, I do not have this model, I can not check the cause of the lack of WiFi and other problems for the T4.

New version of universal images 20191219.

I pay attention, the name of images has changed, now they are called "arm-64".

The installation order in eMMC has changed. Now you need to use the correct platform-specific script to install in eMMC.

There are three scripts for each platform. "install-rk3399.sh" "install-rk3328.sh" "install-aml.sh".

New installation scripts may have errors.

Attention.

There is no support for automatic installation of color correction when installed in eMMC for g12 yet. This must be done manually.

Hi, any way we can get wifi working with these images on S905x2? I just bought a Tanix TX5 pro box (S905x2 4GB ram, 64GB emmc variant) and used this image, first with the meson-g12a-tx5-max.dtb and couldn't get any ethernet connection and then with meson-g12a-u200.dtb and got ethernet now but wifi isn't working. Sb stated we need bcmdhd module which seems isn't included in these images.

Build the first version of Armbian 20191221 19.11.4 kernel 5.5.0-rc2 for Allwinner H6 (Tanix TX6). 

The system normally starts from the SD card. Works sound and USB devices (BT WiFi USB media etc), but there is a serious drawback until the wired network works. I have not yet figured out the reason why the wired network does not work, so I publish only two test images of Ubuntu and Debian, for a General assessment of the health of the system on Tanix TX6.

https://yadi.sk/d/GJbDt3-FjQ-dQA

With appropriate configuration, this version can be used on other platforms RK and AML. On RK and AML everything works as in the previous images.

I pay attention, for those who used these images on RK3399 from SD card, it is necessary to add correct u-boot. In these images, u-boot and settings for Allwinner h6 Tanix TX6 are enabled by default.

9 minutes ago, balbes150 said:

I have not yet figured out the reason why the wired network does not work

current AC200 Ethernet PHY driver is hacky, so it needs specific combination of drivers set as module and others as build in. You also need PWM driver, which is not yet merged upstream. Check here:

Good news.  :)

Ready image 20191222 for Allwinner H6 (tested on Tanix TX6) which runs almost all the equipment except the built-in WiFi (works USB Wifi). While this is not a universal image for all models RK + AML+AW, but there is a prospect of refinement and obtaining a full universal version for these platforms (taking into account the personal settings of u-boot and DTB for each platform).

https://yadi.sk/d/GJbDt3-FjQ-dQA