Armbian for TV box rk3328

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

On 12/20/2020 at 8:53 AM, Faisal said:

I got a H96 max

First question is are you sure exactly what box you have.  The naming of these boxes is not obvious.  There are boxes labeled 'H96 max', 'H96 max+', 'H96 max x2' 'H96 max x3' and probably others as well.  Each of these boxes is completely different with different cpus from different manufacturers.  For example I have an H96 max x2 which has an amlogic s905x2 cpu, but an actual H96 max has a rockchip rk3318 cpu.  Often in the forums people don't clearly specify the box they have making searching through the forums a problem as a search result could really be for an entirely different box.

Having said all that, if you really do have a rk3318 based box, you may have a difficult time getting something running on that box.  The rk3318 cpu is not well supported by the manufacturer to the point from what I have read that this chip isn't even on rockchips roadmap.  Here is a recent thread on another rk3318 based box that might help you:

For everyone, in order to avoid problems and have a guaranteed working device with a desktop (DE XFCE \ Mate\Lxde\KDE\IceWM etc), I recommend using proven models. Now full-fledged devices are available that can completely replace the PC. Entry-level device Firefly Station M1 (rk3328). For those who need maximum performance Firefly Station P1 (rk3399). For these models, there are versions of ArmbianTV Armbian LibreELEC (there are versions with HW acceleration).

https://www.stationpc.com/

P.S. I have both models available, you can draw conclusions yourself .... :)