11 11
Sergey2k

Armbian for Amlogic S905X3

3 hours ago, TheMojoMan said:

Finally, Panfrost is working on my X96 Max + :)

I have used todays build (Armbian_20.06.0_Arm-64_focal_current_5.7.6_20200630.img.xz) with the meson-sm1-sei610-2.dtb (see some posts ago) and then followed the instructions of the first post here. This is essentially the same procedure that @m][sko mentions in @NicoD's guide here (which did not work with the older Armbian image). In summary, after starting the system do the following

• sudo sh -c "echo 'PAN_MESA_DEBUG=bifrost' >> /etc/environment"
  • sudo add-apt-repository ppa:oibaf/graphics-drivers
  • sudo apt update
  • sudo apt upgrade
  • sudo apt install ubuntu-desktop -y
  • sudo reboot

And then you can try it with Gnome/Gnome on Xorg/Ubuntu or Ubuntu on wayland.

I will post details later when I did some more testing. Especially, I am interested if it works with Xfce.

Thanks to all the great people that made this possible!!! Especially to @balbes150 and Alyssa Rosenzweig and coworkers!

Sounds Great! Is there any way to upgrade from 20.05_bionic to this new image? or you have to reflash the image to the card? Thanks to the Armbian Team for this great job! :)

Edited by rna

Panfrost for Bifrost GPUs (G31, G52) is a very fresh development. Therefore it is no wonder that it is still very unstable.

Quick test results for 'Ubuntu on Wayland':

The desktop gets blurred after a short while. Especially text output. Supertuxkart crashes, Firefox crashes and sends you back to login. The only thing I tested that did not crash was glmark2-es2-wayland. But I did not have time to get a little deeper into it, yet.

I tried to get Panfrost running on XFCE4 but failed. The window manager (xfwm4) seems to be the problem. I read that somewhere else where they suggested to use 'kwin_x11' instead. But I was not able to start xfce4 with kwin. Even after changing 'xfwm4' to 'kwin' in the respective .xml-file Xorg tried to start 'xfwm' and failed to do so when I activated 'glamor' and 'Panfrost' in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/01-armbian-default.conf. When it is set to 'none' and 'Lima' it starts the desktop.

When I tried to remove 'xfwm4' by typing 'sudo apt remove xfwm4' it was output that 'xfce4' would be removed as well ...

@nguyen I am planning on buying another s905x3 tv box and I would like to know about your experiences about the A95X F3 slim. It is the cheapest TV box I could find with relatively efficient process node and architecture (12nm and cortex a55)

On 6/16/2020 at 11:23 AM, vanngocan said:

I am trying to install Armbian on Eachlink X3 Mini. I use image Armbian_20.05.6_Arm-64_bullseye_current_5.7.2_desktop_20200612.img with dtb file meson-sm1-sei610-ethfix.dtb (this is what I used for my X96 Air box).

It booted well from usb. However, ethernet does not work :(
Is there any way to fix this ethernet issue?

I plug SD card, box cannot start (blank led screen). I also tried toothpick but nothing appears. How can u boot with armbian for X3 mini????

vietnam ak?