Merge "SD card and PSU issues" with "Board does not start"?

Werner

13 hours ago, Werner said:

Should those be merged too?

Not really. If you face one or the other problem you look for a section in the forum to search or place your question.

If you merge it anyway, how will you cover all 3?

sd card and PSU issues was once thought to be a subforum where stuff gets moved to once we know it's a psu issue.. to point people at it in case they don't believe their shitty setup is the reason things don't go as expected.. kinda hall of ....

17 hours ago, Tido said:

Like this:  SD card and PSU issues / Board does not start  ?

Yep, something like this.

by the way, both are garbage collectors ;)

Another reason to get rid of one of those :P

sd card and PSU issues was once thought to be a subforum where stuff gets moved to once we know it's a psu issue.. to point people at it in case they don't believe their shitty setup is the reason things don't go as expected.. kinda hall of ....

Understand. But it seems to me it is kind a mixed at the moment because there was not much such "movement".

... while "board doesn't start" should be exclusively used - which is why each needs a approval - for most critical things. If someone breaks the board or uses XYZ hw which doesn't boot, its (usually/should be) moved elsewhere. Both are sub forums and are at least clear or much clearer what is their purpose (contrary to P2P / common issues). Cause of bad powering one could boot the board and have problems, but also not boot the board. Powering is responsible for not booting the board, its most possible but not the only reason why things doesn't boot. However we are working on to have a full control over the hardware with our automated testings. Then, this forum really becomes obsolete and can be unified. We will remove - or at least will be able to know which board doesn't boot. We would not seek that information from users anymore. If they f* the system up, topics goes elsewhere in any case.

I would say merge should be prepared once our automated testing becomes fully automated?

Bad or badly written sd card could be also a reason indeed, though for that case there is no specific sub-forum. But for PSU issues only :P.

Anyway there are no hurries. We can leave this here open and wait for proper feedback from automated testings. As for me however I still think it is not worth keeping at this stage ;).

Merge itself can be done in no time.

Important Information

Terms of Use - Privacy Policy - Guidelines