ARMBIAN for Amlogic S905 and S905X (ver 5.44 =<)

balbes150

2 hours ago, Tommy21 said:

Installed bionic with kernel 4.18, start screen doesn't take me to cli where i can choose user name and password.

It starts with gui, and i don't know user name and password, tried with user name "user" and "root", password 1234, it didn't accept any of them, what is the default user name and password?

Edit:

Figured it out, i managed to login, no need for help.

Whould you mind sharing with us what the solution was?

The update of the kernel 3.14. Added dtb files for S905W. This core was collected new images in the directory "5.44\kernel_3.14_20180721".

I'm Checked the operation of the Mate image on X96 mini s905w 2\16. After automatic OTA update of Android firmware in eMMC to 20180505, the images work WITHOUT manual addition of dtb file. Checked the installation of the system in eMMC (using the script /root/install.sh), everything is installed without errors and the system works from eMMC.

Hi. 

Can we install debian on a TV box with Coolio V2. 5 ? 

My box don't boot on my SD card. 

MXQ PRO 4K 

Kernel 3.14.29

MICRO SD card Samsung 32go format in fat 32 with SD adaptater for the box 

I have put the dtb file 3.14.29 mxq pro but she don't boot on Linux. 

Thanks for help

6 hours ago, Antho59380 said:

Hi. 

Can we install debian on a TV box with Coolio V2. 5 ? 

My box don't boot on my SD card. 

MXQ PRO 4K 

Kernel 3.14.29

MICRO SD card Samsung 32go format in fat 32 with SD adaptater for the box 

I have put the dtb file 3.14.29 mxq pro but she don't boot on Linux. 

Thanks for help

Did you run the aml-autoscript from Android as stated in one of the first posts in this forum?

17 hours ago, ennoente said:

Hello,
I have K2Pro s905 would like to install on nand.
can i install
-other languages
-usb G4 / LTE dongle
-use as a wifi router

which version is best?

Thank you

If you can see the partitions on the nand with GParted (under Linux) you should have a fair chance to install on nand. If not you will only accomplish to ruin your Andriod system like on most 905 boxes where it does not work.

10 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

Did you run the aml-autoscript from Android as stated in one of the first posts in this forum?

When I try I've got an error E: cannot load volum /misc

When I have tried I've got already write on my SD with win 32 disk imager. 

I have to format and just install aml-autoscript? 

9 hours ago, Antho59380 said:

When I try I've got an error E: cannot load volum /misc

When I have tried I've got already write on my SD with win 32 disk imager. 

I have to format and just install aml-autoscript? 

I don't understand what you mean. Have you read and understood the instructions in the beginning of this forum?

Hello,

I would be interested to use a S905 box to monitor DVB-T and DVB-T2 activity. Is the DVB part fully works after installing Armbian ?

I see that the DVB drivers are not part of media-build and I would like to use the DVBv5 tools

1 hour ago, Reddwarf said:

I don't understand what you mean. Have you read and understood the instructions in the beginning of this forum?

I have download the armbian file and I have install it on my SD card with win32disk after I have take the dtb file for mxq pro and renamed it in dtb.img. 

I reboot the box in recovery but she don't boot on Linux. 

I select update from ext and I see aml-autoscript.zip but doesn't work and i've got error E:cannot load volum /misc

Tanks

Just now, Antho59380 said:

I have download the armbian file and I have install it on my SD card with win32disk after I have take the dtb file for mxq pro and renamed it in dtb.img. 

I reboot the box in recovery but she don't boot on Linux. 

I select update from ext and I see aml-autoscript.zip but doesn't work and i've got error E:cannot load volum /misc

Tanks

Have you run both aml_update and aml_autoscript?

Just now, ennoente said:

which version for S905 is with Kodi?

You can install the full KODI on any of the Armbian releases, just select the version which works best on your box (wifi working, sound working etc). The embedded kodi on some of the images is a stripped version (as far as I understand) so you'r probably better off installing the full version.

Before writen on the SD card with win32disk? 

You boot the box with Android, then run aml_update and aml_autoscript form the SD-card. After that you can write your Linux image to the sdcard and it should boot.

If someone managed to get WiFi working on MXQ Pro 4k 1/8 (S905w) - please, share your experience.

p.s. I've tried Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_3.14.29_xfce_20180721 - successfull booting, but no WiFi.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:09 AM, balbes150 said:

IMHO I have doubts that you have the model S905X, most likely, it is the model S905W (it needs other dtb files).

I have work .... :)

Look for s905X or S905D. These chips already have partial support for HW in the main core. The developers of the community LibrELEC working on getting a full HW for KODI on the basis of core "4.1x". By the way, if there are those who want to support their work, it can significantly speed up the appearance of HW in the main kernel.

I've tried most of the balbes150 Armbian images (mainly Ubuntu server) on a 'q-box' s905x android TV box (p212) and they all work (I've only tried at a superficial level). I've returned the q-box as the seller lied about the hw spec. Here are some observations which may help others having issues getting started.

1. Use the largest SD card you can so that the image fits on the boot media.

2. After writing the sd card (under linux I use xzcat -d -c ARMBIAN.img.xz | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0), check both sd card partitions by mounting. You may need to e2fsck or resize2fs partition 2 (mmcblk0p1).

3. Under androud, 'reboot update' will boot from sd card (or reboot recovery, toothpic etc).

Try all the /dtb files (you can determine your board type by looking in the android /system/build.prop file for the ro.product. entry). Even if the screen does not work, its possible the Ethernet port is working or a USB keyboard ctrl-alt-del may reboot. Check your DHCP server/broadband router logs to see if a lease has been obtained and try shell access via SSH.

4. In between each dtb file, check the file system on the sdcard is not corrupt and still mounts.
If your TV box still has stock android recovery, get TWRP recovery S905_TWRP3_ViT.zip  from
http://alielectronics.net/2017/04/05/x96-android-tv-box-4k-s905x-2gb-ram-16gb-rom-android-6-0/ and run it from 'apply update from EXT'. This is a stand alone TWRP recovery without flashing  and has a command prompt (shell) menu option to help you check the sd card without moving it between machines.

Just now, Ray said:

If someone managed to get WiFi working on MXQ Pro 4k 1/8 (S905w) - please, share your experience.

p.s. I've tried Armbian_5.44_S9xxx_Debian_stretch_3.14.29_xfce_20180721 - successfull booting, but no WiFi.

It seems this box can have either AP6181 wifi chip or Realtec chip (in which case the 7123 driver should work. You can tyr google for a linux driver for these chipa and try both and see if any of them works.

10 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

You boot the box with Android, then run aml_update and aml_autoscript form the SD-card. After that you can write your Linux image to the sdcard and it should boot.

I've got this when I update with aml_austoscriptIMG_20180724_215528.thumb.jpg.df5e8c2af413ec3afd7a6d5977fa50c6.jpgIMG_20180724_215728.thumb.jpg.cdd7deb05aa5e7c0c427d88f262018ab.jpg

8 hours ago, Reddwarf said:

I've got this when I update with aml_austoscriptIMG_20180724_215528.thumb.jpg.df5e8c2af413ec3afd7a6d5977fa50c6.jpgIMG_20180724_215728.thumb.jpg.cdd7deb05aa5e7c0c427d88f262018ab.jpg

Did aml_update work?

It's an other file? I think that was the same file that aml_autoscript. 

Where I found aml_update? 

According to the instructions both files should be in the writable image you downloaded, did you not find them on the sdcard after writing the image on it?