34 34
constantius

Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

13 minutes ago, Flole said:

Nope, it clearly says Orange_PI-3 on it, downloaded from the Google Drive. Dated at November 26th 2018.

So, it should be the same as mine : Ok ! The block diagram is wrong, but I never care about block diagram, I care only about real schematic ... Page 8 clearly states that VCC-5V is direct from DC-IN !

2 hours ago, Flole said:

t's indeed a little low on mine aswell

Hi. I've only had that powering with barrel jack. With microUSB it's as stable as could be. It's the world in reverse.
I expected the cables from OPi to not be good enough. I've got 2 and both are like that. I don't know.
I havent tried with a PSU with barrel jack. Don't know if I've got one.
I've showed this behaviour in my review video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2SIpXTOb9A&t=492s

30 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

So, it should be the same as mine : Ok ! The block diagram is wrong, but I never care about block diagram, I care only about real schematic ... Page 8 clearly states that VCC-5V is direct from DC-IN !

Not only the block diagram is wrong but the Power Tree aswell (which is somewhat important). And Page 10 clearly says that the VCC-5V is connected to the GND Pin of the USB, which is also not correct.....  I don't really trust these schematics anymore....

18 minutes ago, NicoD said:

With microUSB it's as stable as could be. It's the world in reverse.

Just tried this aswell, and indeed it's a lot better. Weird.....

Anyways, there doesn't seem to be some kind of regulator involved so it's all good now!

1 hour ago, Flole said:

And Page 10 clearly says that the VCC-5V is connected to the GND Pin of the USB

I think it is the labels of the connector that are swapped : VBUS is VCC on pin 4, and GND would be pin 1 ... ;)

GND is actually pin 4 of a USB connector. The numbering is also not reversed cause then D+ and D- wouldn't be correct anymore. So that's just wrong in the schematics.

With my OPi3 powered from the 'genuine' power adaptor via the power jack I'm not seeing any voltage issues.

On no load I see 5.2v at the USB sockets..

IMG_20190517_075218.jpg

5 hours ago, GeorgeP said:

With my OPi3 powered from the 'genuine' power adaptor via the power jack I'm not seeing any voltage issues.

On no load I see 5.2v at the USB sockets..

That sais enough. They are overvolting their PSU's so it would not undervolt too quickly. I'm using a 4A 5V PSU that's 5.1V and I've got undervoltage.
And it's not no load voltage that's important. It's full load voltage.
But because doing it wrong you've proven they know about it.

34 34