Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

Thanks, I don't know how to do that and I'm not a "dts/dtb expert". Is there any guide on how to get this going? (not just bluetooth, als odts/dtb in generally). I'm interested and eager to learn but don't know where to start with this.

Edit:

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing... But found this out looking at the schematics:

PIN  Define      CFG

PL10 BT-WIFI-ON  1
PM0  WL-WAKE-AP  0
PM1  BT-WAKE-AP  0
PM2  AP-WAKE-BT  1
PM3  WL-REG-ON   1
PM3  BT-REG-ON   1

I also found out that the schematics are the same as the AP6255.

BT-options.png

Edit2:

Also found this topic....

Maybe if I convert DTB to DTS (and back) and add this:

/* There's the BT part of the AP6256 connected to that UART */ &uart1 { pinctrl-names = "default"; pinctrl-0 = <&uart1_pins>, <&uart1_rts_cts_pins>; uart-has-rtscts; status = "okay"; bluetooth { compatible = "brcm,bcm4345c5"; clocks = <&rtc 1>; clock-names = "lpo"; device-wakeup-gpios = <&r_pio 1 2 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* PM2 */ host-wakeup-gpios = <&r_pio 1 1 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* PM1 */ shutdown-gpios = <&r_pio 1 4 GPIO_ACTIVE_HIGH>; /* PM4 */ max-speed = <1500000>; }; };

And copy https://github.com/orangepi-xunlong/OrangePiH6_external/tree/master/ap6256 to:

/lib/firmware/brcm/(BCM4345C5.hcd)

Am I correct that it will it work then? (I'm using a OPi3)

Ok, Lite2 boots fine now with the current updates.

From what I see, uart1 is now enabled by default and listed as ttyS1 in dmesg.

Any idea, why I still can not enable bluetooth via hciattach /dev/ttyS1 ... ?

How can I test if uart1 is actually working?

6 hours ago, dolphs said:

hurrah kernel 5.2 has been released - so will check back next week ( 5.2.1? ) hoping to be able to compile a first dev build for my H6 ( opioneplus ) and be able to boot from it.

Most of the functionality is already in Armbian kernel for weeks/months so you will not notice much if any difference :huh: But before we can switch target to 5.2.y a bunch of patches https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-dev (functionality that will come in upstream in next 6 months) has to be manually adjusted to meet with 5.2.y. Help is more then welcome! Not today. In a few weeks.

15 hours ago, Igor said:

Most of the functionality is already in Armbian kernel for weeks/months so you will not notice much if any difference :huh: But before we can switch target to 5.2.y a bunch of patches https://github.com/armbian/build/tree/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-dev (functionality that will come in upstream in next 6 months) has to be manually adjusted to meet with 5.2.y. Help is more then welcome! Not today. In a few weeks.

Wait, I thought the CPU/GPU support only comes with 5.2? I mean automatically because it is in the Linux Kernel?

And I still hope for BT 5.0

Hi guys,

following probelm happens over night, this are the console messages, received

[87292.871955] rcu: INFO: rcu_sched detected stalls on CPUs/tasks:
[87292.877889] rcu:     0-...0: (2 GPs behind) idle=92a/0/0x1 softirq=1158340/1158341 fqs=2486399
[87292.886312] rcu:     (detected by 2, t=5046854 jiffies, g=3598193, q=16685)

uname -a
Linux orangepi3 5.1.16-sunxi64 #5.91.190708 SMP Tue Jul 9 00:38:37 CEST 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

no i have set verbosity to 7 maybe i can post more tomorrow

any idea ?

no clue. I have the buster version which does not work with a lot of software yet (no pi hole, no iobroker for instance), updates with apt-get show some errors and on the download section here the last update is weeks ago.

Seems to be a low priority (not many people working on it). I personally wait for a good offer for a pi 4 and will just buy that, as it is supported by so many people. And then use the opie3 in a year or so for something else with the hope that the software will work then. 

5 minutes ago, SchmuseTigger said:

no clue. I have the buster version which does not work with a lot of software yet (no pi hole, no iobroker for instance)

My last test - 5 days ago - does show that on a fresh installed "normal" buster pi-hole does work now fine ;)

23 hours ago, SchmuseTigger said:

For me it did not even install Pi, got an error with apt-get and stopped after a few seconds into the install. But does not change that if you go 

https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi3/

And check the dates on the latest updates that very much looks like a dead project to me. 

Feel free to build your own image using the build script including the latest changes at any time :)

On 8/3/2019 at 10:33 AM, Werner said:

Feel free to build your own image using the build script including the latest changes at any time :)

Yeah, it is possible to build Armbian_5.93_Orangepi3_Debian_buster_dev_5.2.5.img

I have a qustion: do you have a tutorial to set up apt server to update kernel/dtb instead of reflashing?

18 minutes ago, AZ8 said:

do you have a tutorial to set up apt server to update kernel/dtb instead of reflashing?

Do a build with "kernel+u-boot only", then copy output/debs/linux-image-dev-sunxi64_5.93_arm64.deb and output/debs/linux-dtb-dev-sunxi64_5.93_arm64.deb on the OPi using "scp".

After logging into OPi with "ssh", simply do "dpkg -i linux*.deb" ...

On 8/2/2019 at 1:46 PM, guidol said:

the latest images there are from the 06.07.2019  - just a month old. Why should it be dead?
Mostly these images do get the newest updates only online - not every time a new image would be created for all SBCs.

Project nightly builds are suspended due to Kernel version upgrade (as I know) but sunxi platform is being actively worked at by devs. I keep looking at "https://github.com/armbian/build/commits/master

• Igor pinned this topic