Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip


Recommended Posts

Armbian is a community driven open source project. Do you like to contribute your code?

I ran regtool in my (recently bought) Orange Pi 3 and this was the output:

 

SoC bin: slow chip (bin=1) (raw=1)

 

And here is the content of dump-h6-ths if it's of any use:

 

THS:
0x05070400 : 01df002f
0x05070404 : 00000003
0x05070408 : 0016d000
0x0507040c : 00000000
0x05070410 : 00000003
0x05070414 : 00000000
0x05070418 : 00000000
0x0507041c : 00000000
0x05070420 : 00000000
0x05070424 : 00000000
0x05070428 : 00000000
0x0507042c : 00000000
0x05070430 : 00000005
0x05070434 : 00000000
0x05070438 : 00000000
0x0507043c : 00000000
0x05070440 : 05a00684
0x05070444 : 05a00684
0x05070448 : 00000000
0x0507044c : 00000000
0x05070450 : 00000000
0x05070454 : 00000000
0x05070458 : 00000000
0x0507045c : 00000000
0x05070460 : 00000000
0x05070464 : 00000000
0x05070468 : 00000000
0x0507046c : 00000000
0x05070470 : 00000000
0x05070474 : 00000000
0x05070478 : 00000000
0x0507047c : 00000000
0x05070480 : 04e904e9
0x05070484 : 00000000
0x05070488 : 00000000
0x0507048c : 00000000
0x05070490 : 00000000
0x05070494 : 00000000
0x05070498 : 00000000
0x0507049c : 00000000
0x050704a0 : 08690860
0x050704a4 : 00000000
0x050704a8 : 00000000
0x050704ac : 00000000
0x050704b0 : 00000000
0x050704b4 : 00000000
0x050704b8 : 00000000
0x050704bc : 00000000
0x050704c0 : 00000835
0x050704c4 : 0000082c
0x050704c8 : 00000000
0x050704cc : 00000000
0x050704d0 : 00000000
0x050704d4 : 00000000
0x050704d8 : 00000000
0x050704dc : 00000000
0x050704e0 : 00000000
0x050704e4 : 00000000
0x050704e8 : 00000000
0x050704ec : 00000000
0x050704f0 : 00000000
0x050704f4 : 00000000
0x050704f8 : 00000000
0x050704fc : 00000000

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/28/2019 at 3:26 PM, martinayotte said:

Anyway, I will try to find some "missing time ingredient" in the following days, and Armbian will then be ready for a commit ...

 

Any luck finding an additional hour? ( too bad we missed the 27 October time slot, one hour for free ... ...  )

Anyway noticed rc6 has been released meanwhile, but is not in megous 5.4 - branch yet, worth waiting for that before committing things ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what else to try. My OPi3 Fails 100% of the attempts to use.... sometimes it doesn't even finish the boot, sometimes i can type login/pass before it freezes. Tried many many different nightly images.... It works stable with LibreElec beta image, but, I don't want to use mine (only) as kodi media center....

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, leofuscaldi said:

I don't know what else to try. My OPi3 Fails 100% of the attempts to use.... sometimes it doesn't even finish the boot, sometimes i can type login/pass before it freezes. Tried many many different nightly images.... It works stable with LibreElec beta image, but, I don't want to use mine (only) as kodi media center....

 

Do you mean you can't get any version of Armbian to run on your Orange Pi 3 at all? I have one that's running very well using the Buster minimal version based on 5.3, including X, Chromium, HDMI output, Ethernet, USB, SPI... I have only tested Wi-Fi very quickly, but it worked out of the box. BT and SPI needed a little bit more configuration.

 

I started from Armbian_5.98.191009_Orangepi3_Debian_buster_dev_5.3.5_minimal but have upgraded several times since. Currently on 5.3.7 5.98.191026.

 

I'm booting directly from SD card, if that matters (no eMMC, 1 GB RAM).

 

Really the only thing I'm missing for now is 3D GPU support (panfrost), other than that it's just perfect, though I don't use video at all so I have no idea of the support on that front.

 

By the way, thanks to all for the really great job!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, jcaron said:

 

Do you mean you can't get any version of Armbian to run on your Orange Pi 3 at all? I have one that's running very well using the Buster minimal version based on 5.3, including X, Chromium, HDMI output, Ethernet, USB, SPI... I have only tested Wi-Fi very quickly, but it worked out of the box. BT and SPI needed a little bit more configuration.

 

 

Wait, BT is working with 5.4 RC now?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SchmuseTigger said:

Wait, BT is working with 5.4 RC now?

 

If by BT you mean Bluetooth like I do, it's working in 5.3 on the Orange Pi 3 using the Armbian nightly, it includes the firmware for the chip, there's just a bit of setup to do.

 

IIRC all that is really needed is the init script available in the package included here:

and a little change covered here:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SchmuseTigger said:

Wait, BT is working with 5.4 RC now?

Also check the mainlining effort page , kernel 5.5 is supposed to bring us lots of joy and perhaps by then H6 can be out of WIP stage, but is still 2-3 Months away from now ...

Looks like it is also interesting regarding CRYPTO, if you use eg ovpn or SSL ...

 

UPDATE

@megi Did not notice your reply earlier, btw thanks for bump to 5.4-rc6

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, dolphs said:

Also check the mainlining effort page , kernel 5.5 is supposed to bring us lots of joy and perhaps by then H6 can be out of WIP stage, but is still 2-3 Months away from now ...

Looks like it is also interesting regarding CRYPTO, if you use eg ovpn or SSL ...

 

UPDATE

@megi Did not notice your reply earlier, btw thanks for bump to 5.4-rc6

Crypto can already be accelerated if you pick ciphers that can be accelerated with aarch64 AES instructions, because H6 has these, and they are fast.

 

openssl speed -evp aes-128-cbc -bytes 4096

 

aes-128-cbc    1324171.04k

 

that's > 1.2GiB/s on single core

 

Maybe ecb is better for benchmarking:

 

openssl speed -evp aes-128-ecb -bytes 4096

 

aes-128-ecb     537105.75k

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Igor pinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...