Armbian v20.08 (Caple) Planning Thread


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Release Candidate Code Freeze Date: 2020-07-18 

Release Date: 2020-08-XX 

Release Candidate Branch Link: TBD

Release Changelog: TBD

Release Coordinator: @lanefu

Testing Tracking Sheet: TBD (google sheets)

 

The goal of this thread is to discuss testing, bugfixes, and the overall quality of the release. Once the release is complete, this thread should be locked and unpinned.

---

 

Our next release date is coming and perhaps its time to discuss what to push into 20.08, what not, resolve open questions and distract from most used keyword for past few weeks.

 

@Myy @TonyMac32 @balbes150 @piter75 @sfx2000 @ebin-dev @count-doku @chwe @ning @lanefu @gprovost @aprayoga @5kft @JMCC @Werner @karabek @martinayotte @tkaiser @selfbg @Siraj @jock @going ...


I am preparing a meeting on IRC in Saturday, July 4th, at 2 pm GMT - this is reasonable good timing for US / EU folks.

 

Agenda:
 

  • check meeting attendees (if nick is not self explanatory, add your forum/Github handle. Just say hi or something)
  • present tasks, bugs or project you are working on (open discussion if there will not be much people, otherwise meeting officer call people out). Jira should be open in not already.
  • cycle Jira backlog:
    • discuss task / bug (one at a time)
    • assign to person / release / tag
    • re-prioritise
  • cycle open issues and PR on build engine
  • board status update on download pages and build engine (wip, supported, eol)
  • choosing upcoming release officer (so far it was me and Lane)
  • misc / open discussion


Tips:

  • when you got a voice, be concise (1-2 min) and make it clear when you stop. ("No more, I'm done")
  • channel is recorded so a summary and adjustments to Jira can made afterwards, ideally along with the meeting
  • Meeting location is IRC channel #armbian on Freenode. (previous session as an example)

 

Ideally it would be that prior to this meeting we all update tasks/project statuses in Jira - who still does not have access shall PM to @lanefu or @Igor - reviewing, prioritising and releasing goes faster this way.

Edited by lanefu
added release tracking information to top
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Igor featured and pinned this topic
Donate and support the project!

On 7/2/2020 at 9:33 AM, ning said:

poor English

 

We added instant translator so people with not perfect English can also participate actively. Just write in your native language and we will see (Google translated) translation. Detail how-to operate will be presented right before. Service is paid which is why it will only be available for meetings. Currently we are in a free testing mode and this meeting should go within, but we actually don't know ... @Werner pawned his credit card ;)

 

@balbes150 русский язык поддерживается :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, balbes150 said:

I've been in a non-Internet zone in the last few days, I've missed everything .... 


No problem. Well, its always hard to get everyone together ... but at least we have logs;) You are welcome to add your ideas here. Regarding TV boxes RFC we only hear out a short update from @TheLinuxBug That part is planned to be discussed in a separate topic - when possible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Heisath said:

I missed the meeting, sorry. Nothing to add from mvebu side though.

 

No problem. In context of mvebtu there is not muc, perhaps switching DEV to 5.7.y  if not already? More complicated is E-bin upgrade. We stuck at 4.19.y ...
 

1 hour ago, Heisath said:

I've been busy with the armbian-testing boards.


https://github.com/armbian/mpads/pull/3
Do we need 3rd party reviewing here, perhaps @martinayotte find some time? :P
 

Quote

 

- Is there a real need of master port or we can stick to USB2SD functinality?

- OS the I2C communication with host SBC needed, or we can use USB serial mode (CDC) for that?

 

 

Perhaps this needs a bit more clearing / explanation? I am not sure that I understand what options do we have here and why would we need to change this ... ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Igor said:

No problem. In context of mvebtu there is not muc, perhaps switching DEV to 5.7.y  if not already? More complicated is E-bin upgrade. We stuck at 4.19.y ...

 

Will need to try this. And talk with @gprovost about it, regarding their time for helios4.

 

18 hours ago, Igor said:

https://github.com/armbian/mpads/pull/3
Do we need 3rd party reviewing here, perhaps @martinayotte find some time? :P
 

Perhaps this needs a bit more clearing / explanation? I am not sure that I understand what options do we have here and why would we need to change this ... ?

Lets discuss this in its own thread, as this is not coupled with 20.08 release. @Hijax and I are still testing / discussing this. Current plan is to order a few board (4) (assembled) from JLCPCB just for us to test. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

OrangePi One with 5.7.x as current: http://ix.io/2s2m

Booting, Network is working, cpufreq is working, nothing else tested

 

OrangePi One Plus with 5.7.x as current: http://ix.io/2rsX

Booting, Network is working, HDMI is working, cpufreq is broken, nothing else tested

 

OrangePi Zero with 5.7.x as current: http://ix.io/2s2p

Booting, Network is working, WiFi seems to work (did not test connecting it somewhere), cpufreq is working, noting else tested

Link to post
Share on other sites

Added nightly images for testing:

Bananapi
Bananapim2plus
Bananapim2zero
Bananapipro
Clearfogbase
Clearfogpro
Cubietruck
Espressobin
Helios4
Lepotato
Lime-a64
Nanopct4
Nanopiair
Nanopim4
Nanopim4v2
Nanopi-r1
Nanopi-r2s
Odroidc2
Odroidc4
Odroidn2
Odroidxu4
Orangepi3
Orangepi4
Orangepione
Orangepipc
Orangepipc2
Orangepipcplus
Orangepizero
Orangepizeroplus2-h3
Orangepizeroplus2-h5
Pine64
Pinebook-a64
Pineh64
Pineh64-b
Rock64
Rockpi-4a
Rockpi-4b
Rockpi-e
Teres-a64
Tinkerboard
Tritium-h3
Tritium-h5

Link to post
Share on other sites

v20.08.1

Due to several - mainly small - problems in last build we are considering pushing out a smaller bug fix release.

 

- fixes that are merged in next 7 days (due = September 4th)

- all images will be rebuild

- an update will go out

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Werner unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...